Let's Dough This: Peanut Butter Building Site Cookies
My second recipe in this series comes from yet another Great British Bake-Off contestant's book (90% of these probably will, since I have 10 cookbooks from the show or contestants...).
I chose this recipe from Richard Burr's book, "Bake It Yourself."
I've only found one cookie recipe that I've had any success at and I've always wanted to try more. Specifically, peanut butter cookies as my husband, Brad, LOVES peanut butter cookies.
These cookies were quick and easy to make as the dough doesn't need chilled and you can mix it and bake it right away.
- 120 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 120 grams caster sugar (this is regular white sugar for us Americans)
- 120 grams light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste - I got this one off
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams unsalted peanuts
To Make the Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In a bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars with an electric until smooth and pale
3. Add the egg and vanilla bean paste then beat together
4. In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt
5. Mix the oats into the dry mixture
6. Fold the try mixture into the wet mixture with a wooden spoon. Mix well
7. Using 2 teaspoons or small spoons, take small drops of the mixture and shape into rough balls and place on prepared baking sheet
8. Press a couple peanut halves into the top of each cookie dough drop
9. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown
10. Remove from the oven and place the baking sheet on a cooling rack
11. Let the cookies sit on the sheet for about 5 minutes before taking them off to finish cooling
From start to finish, this recipe took less than an hour to make. It was very easy and my husband loved the finished product. There was nothing really I would change or do different since the recipe worked so well.
If you're new to baking, I'd suggest giving this one a go. I bet you even have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
If you try this recipe, show me on social media by using the hashtag #LetsDoughThis or leave me a comment below!
Don't forget to read and test out last week's recipe while you're in the baking spirit!
As always, make sure to check out my Instagram every Saturday to see these recipes first!