Let's Dough This: Gluten-Free Condensed Milk Pound Cake
After a crazy 2 months, I'm back with new recipes for you guys!
This sweet pound cake is easy to make and the condensed milk gives it a caramel-y taste that makes it impossible to stop eating.
Keep reading to see how you can make this pound cake (and save the extra condensed milk for next week's recipe).
- 1 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
What You Need:
- 9x5 loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixer with paddle attachment or large mixing bowl with electric mixer
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
To Make The Pound Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325º
- Prepare your loaf tin - I lined mine with parchment paper but you can use cooking spray or butter and flour
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy (roughly 2 minutes)
- Turn the mixer on the lowest speed and add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix eggs completely before adding the next.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and both extracts, then mix to combine
- Turn the mixer on low and add the flour mixture. Make sure you're scraping down the bowl occasionally
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan
- Bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Set the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before taking the loaf out to cool completely
Tips & Tricks:
- You may want to add a tablespoon of the measured flour with each egg to prevent the mix from splitting. My mixture split, but I went ahead and baked it anyway "just to see" and it was fine!
- Lining the pan with parchment paper makes it easy to take the cake out of the pan. Be sure to have long enough sides to grab.
I hope you try this because this cake was amazing! This will make your house smell fantastic, too!
If you give these a go, drop a comment below and share them on Instagram with the hashtag #LetsDoughThis. Be sure to tune in to my Instagram story (@TheLittlePinkBakery) on Saturday for the next Saturday bake!