Let's Dough This: Easy Lemon Pie
In the heat of summer, it's nice to cool off with a glass of refreshing lemonade.
If that doesn't satisfy you, try a piece of this lemon pie right from the fridge!
This is the first time I've ever made a pie crust or a pie and I was surprised at how easy it was. If you're wanting to try baking pies, start with this one as I can't see a way to mess it up and you're guaranteed to get a great reaction from those who eat it.
- Baking spray
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (I used 4 lemons to make this amount)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What You'll Need:
- A 9-inch pie plate
- Stand mixer with paddle attachment, or a large bowl with handheld mixer
- 2 medium bowls
To Make the Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Lightly spray the pie plate with the baking spray
- In a medium bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers and 1/3 cup sugar together until blended
- Add the melted butter and stir until well mixed
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate
- Bake until firm, about 8 minutes
- While the pie crust is baking, add the condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt to the bowl of the stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 4 minutes
- Pour the lemon filling into the baked crust
- Put the pie back in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the center is set
- Cool on a rack for 30 minutes before putting the pie in the fridge for a least 1 hour
- When you're ready to serve the pie, add the heavy cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with the handheld mixer on high until the whipped cream is light and fluffy, holding soft peaks when the beater is pulled out
- You can top the pie with the whipped cream, lemon slices, and mint leaves right before serving
This graham cracker crust is simple to make and can be the base of other pies, such as a peanut butter pie.
If you're experiencing the 90º weather like I am, I guarantee this pie will bring some relief to your day!
If you give this pie a go, drop a comment below and share them on Instagram with the hashtag #LetsDoughThis. Be sure to tune in to my Instagram story (@TheLittlePinkBakery) on Saturday for the next Saturday bake!