Let's Dough This: Oatmeal Cream Pies
Hi friends! I am SO excited to be testing recipes again!
Marathon training had drained all my energy, which is why these have been few and far between.
I was able to get a couple yummy recipes done over Labor Day, so you'll have a month of fall-flavored recipes coming at ya!
Continue reading to see how to make Oatmeal Cream Pies that everyone will love.
For The Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For The Cream Filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 . tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
What You'll Need:
- Handheld electric mixer
- 2 Large bowls or stand mixer
- Small cookie scoop
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Wire cooling racks
- Small bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- To make the filling, beat the butter and cream cheese in a small bowl using a handheld mixer on medium speed until combined
- Add the powdered sugar and marshmallow creme and beat until smooth
- Cover with bowl with plastic and refrigerate until chilled (about 1 hour)
- To make the cookies, beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer until fluffy, 3-4 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally
- Add the egg and beat on low until combined
- Add the golden syrup and beat until combined
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined
- Drop the dough 1-inch apart with the cookie scoop on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake 10 minutes, until the cookie is just set
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes before putting cookies on a wire rack to cool completely
- Once the cookies are cooled, spread the filling on the bottom of half the cookies and top with the remaining half of the cookies
I promise you that you'll be a rockstar to everyone you share these with. Out of all 4 bakes that I brought to my coworkers, these were by far the office favorite!
If you try this recipe, drop a comment below and share them on Instagram with the hashtag #LetsDoughThis. Be sure to tune in to my Instagram story (@TheLittlePinkBakery) on Saturday for the next Saturday bake!